OCEANSIDE, CA — A new poll in SD 36 shows that Senator Pat Bates holds a solid 8.5% lead before voters received any information about the candidates. Bates’s lead expands to 33 points after voters hear the candidate’s bio and issue positions. The poll was conducted by Public Opinion Strategies September 15-18.
Democrats clearly recruited a deeply flawed leftist candidate, out of touch with the voters in the 36th District. Among the most damaging aspects of Castellano’s background are:
- A personal bankruptcy with over 20 creditors left holding the bag
- Never voted in the 36th Senate District until running for office in 2016
- Recently lived in West Hollywood, Arizona and Peru
- Ran and lost a race for Congress of Peru in 2011
- Supports Sanctuary State/City laws
- Endorsed by the Democratic Socialists of America – San Diego
Republicans outnumber Democrats by 47,000 votes in the 36th District.